The Thai Veterinary Medical Association Under Royal Patronage 2020
1. This association shall be called “the Thai Veterinary Medical Association Under Royal Patronage of His Majesty the King” , with the abbreviation of “T.V.M.A.”, or called in English as the Thai Veterinary Medical Association Under Royal Patronage or “T.V.M.A.”
2. These Rules shall be called the “Rules of the Thai Veterinary Medical Association Under Royal Patronage ,B.E.2544 (2001)
3. The Rules of the Thai Veterinary Medical Association Under Royal Patronage B.E.2518 ,B.E.2524 , B.E.2521 and B.E.2541, as well as other regulations and rules applicable prior to these Rules shall be revoked.
4. There Rules shall take effect on the date of registration by the registrar.
5. The emblem of the Association depicts two dark brown snakes rolling over a red baton with blue bird’s wings. A blue letter “ส” is kept at the center and inside two circles with the words of “The Thai Veterinary Medical Association” written on the upper half in between the circles and the words of “Under Royal Patronage” on the lower half. The emblem may be used as seal of the Association and for the activities of the Association.
6. The Association is located at 69/26 Soi Pathumwan Resort, Phaya Thai Road, Rajathevi District, Bangkok 10400.
7. The Association has the following objectives :
1. To promote unity and ethics of veterinary practitioners;
2. To promote the improvement of veterinary practice;
3. To promote the upgrading of veterinary profession;
4. To publicize technical knowledge for the benefit of the members and society;
5. To promote animal welfare;
6. To promote sporty and entertainment activities;
7. To provide assistance to charitable events on appropriate occasions;
8. To cooperate and coordinate with other associations in a non-political manner.
8.The membership of the Association is classified into 4 categories as follows:
1. Ordinary membership which is classified into the following:
1.1 yearly ordinary membership;
1.2 lifetime ordinary membership;
2. Extraordinary membership;
3. Associate membership;
4. Honorary membership.
9. Members in each category shall have the following qualifications:
1. As ordinary members, they shall be graduated in the veterinary profession from an officially accredited institute;
2. As extra-ordinary members, they shall be university students or pupils;
3.As associate members, they shall be persons other than those in items 1 or 2 above, with interest in or practice relating to the veterinary profession;
4. As honorary members, they shall be persons to whom citation and unanimous consent are given by the Governing Board.
10. All members of the Association shall have following qualifications:
1. Becoming suijurison the date of submitting application
2.Maintaining good behavioral records
3. Having no record of being sentenced to imprisonment by final judgment, unless on a commission by negligence or of misdemeanors
4.Persons who are not declared bankrupt by judgment of the Court
5. Persons who are not insane or mentally ill
Application for Membership
11. An application for membership shall be made to the Secretary General or Registrar in the from specified. Such application shall be accompanied with endorsement of a lifetime member. Except in the case of application for an association member, and endorsement of at least 2 lifetime members is required.
12. Upon receipt of application, the Registrar shall submit it for consideration to the Governing Board at its next meeting.
13. Once the application is considered, the Registrar shall submit it for consideration, the Registrar shall notify in writing to the applicant the decision of the Governing Board. Membership of an applicant is effective on the date when the decision is made and the applicant makes payment of the fees and contributions in accordance with the Rules.
14. Invitation for honorary membership requires a unanimous vote of the Governing Board.
Fees and Contributions
15. The rate for fee and contribution are as follows:
1. Annual Ordinary Membership
Fee 100 Baht
Annual contribution 200 Baht
2. Lifetime Ordinary Membership
Membership Fee 100 Baht
Annual contribution 1,000 Baht
3. Extraordinary Membership
Membership Fee 100 Baht
Annual contribution 200 Baht
4. Associate Membership
Membership Fee 100 Baht
Lifetime contribution 2,000 Baht
16. Application fees and contributions under Rule 15 shall be paid for on the date of application to the Registrar. Lifetime fees may be made in installments for a period not exceeding 10 months, the first installment of which shall not be less than the annual fee for annual ordinary membership. Any annual ordinary member having paid the annual fee of 20 consecutive years shall be considered a lifetime member.
Rights and Duties
17. Members shall be entitled to the following rights:
1. Ordinary members shall have the right to be elected or appointed as members of the Governing Board, as stipulated in the Rules, and shall have the right to vote at full meetings.
2. Extraordinary , associate and honorary members shall have right to attend and express views at full meeting, without the right to vote and to be elected or appointed as members of the Governing Board.
3. Members shall have the right to use the premises of the Association and enjoy the benefits provided for in accordance with conditions and regulations of the Association.
4. Members may be accompanied with visitors, but shall be responsible for all damages accrued as a result thereof.
5. Members may make suggestions in writing on the activities of the Association to the Governing Board or call for and extraordinary session of a full meeting requested by at least 100 members.
6. Members shall have the right to examine documents and question the activities of the Association, as appropriate, or during full meeting for clarification for its past performance.
7. Members may be decorated by insignia of the Association, given an identification card issued in accordance with the regulations of the Governing Board.
18. Members shall have the following duties:
1. Follow the rules and regulations of the Association
2. Comply with resolutions adopted by the full meeting and the Governing Board
3. Notify in writing to the Registrar in due course in case of relocation, change of name or surname, promotion and change of records previously registered
4. Maintain morality, good conduct and refrain from committing any malfeasance
5. Promote and cooperate in activities organized by the Association
6. Pay for annual of lifetime fees as specified in Rules 15
Termination of Membership
19. The membership shall be terminated as a result of:
3. Non-payment of fee in arrears for one year and the Registrar has issued a registered letter of notification to the member at issue to settle the payment in 60 days after receipt of notification
4. Commission of any act harmful to the Association or the veterinary profession or against the veterinarian ethics, thereby the Governing Board has decided that the members’ name at issue be removed from records by casting a secret ballot and securing no less than two-thirds majority of the Governing Board
5. Disqualification as stipulate in Chapter III, Rule 10
20. The Registrar may remove from record the name of member whose membership is terminated according to Rule 19, and make such name know to public at the premises for at least 15 days prior to notification thereon to all members.
21. There shall be established a board, call as “the Governing Board” comprising at least 15, but no more that 25 members of the Board holding the following positions:
1-2 Vice President
1 Secretary General
1 Chairman of the Annual scientific meeting
1 Foreign Affairs Officer
1 Scientific Extension Officer
1 Public Relations Officer
1 Recreation Officer
3-5 members in charge of general affairs
22. The Board of the Association shall have Thai nationality
23. The President and all 3 to 5 members in charge of general affairs shall be elected from ordinary members and at a full meeting by secret ballots.
24. The President may appoint or remove from office any member on the Board, except for the members in charge of general affairs, and shall keep all members informed thereof within 30 days and the Registrar within 14 days, from the date of change. The Chairman shall appoint new members of the Governing Board in accordance with Rule 21 within 60 days after the date of change.
25. The President may invite any person be engaged in activities of the Association or the serve as advisors.
26. The President shall remain in office for a period of 3 years and shall hold no more than 2 consecutive periods. Each period shall commence on January 1 of each year.
27. Members of the Governing Board shall be removed from office as a result of the following :
3. Termination of ordinary membership
4. No-confidence vote by secret ballots of two-third majority of members present and voting at a full meeting
5. Resignation or termination of the Chairman in accordance with Rule 26
In case that the President is to be removed from board prior to the expiration of this term, and if the remaining period of time under his term is less than 180 days, the Alternate President shall complete the term in his capacity. In case the remaining period of his term is more than 180 days, an election of the new President shall take place in 30 days after the removed from office in order to succeed the predecessor’s term and to from new members of the Governing Board.
Out-going members of the Governing Board shall hold office until the new Governing Board assumes duty.
In case member in charge of general affairs are removed from office prior to the expiration of their terms, the next runners -up who not appointed as member of the Governing Board shall assume office. In case there are no runners-up, such positions shall left vacant.
Functions of the Governing Board